Cards Engineering - Scrum Master
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
MARCUS: CARDS ENGINEERING
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a consumer fintech division of the company. We help millions of consumers with multitude of financial products, like lending, deposits, financial tools, and cards. Our partnership with Apple on Apple Card resulted in one of industry's largest and most successful credit card launches. We use modern architecture principles, collaborative development processes and continuous delivery approach. Key tenets we apply when designing systems for our customers are value, transparency and simplicity. To achieve those we rely heavily on decisions driven by data and automated with help of predictive analytics and machine learning. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome current and future leaders to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We are building a team to spearhead the set up of Cards Engineering center of excellence in Warsaw.
- The characters we appreciate are those of inspiring leaders and professionals with deep appreciation for their craft. We need system designers ready to own the product life cycle from inception to running in production.
- Great collaborators and team players will thrive and grow in this environment.
- You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers. Systems under your watch will be the primary sources of revenue for the organization.
- Facilitate Scrum high-impact events, meetings and workshops with our cross-functional teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Project Retrospectives.
- Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Apply metrics and visualization to support data-driven decisions at the team or program level. Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level.
- Creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles. Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences, track and remove impediments. Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity.
- Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving. Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across the organization.
- Professional network: meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry. Every person is first class, irrespective of location. Same caliber of work is given to colleagues in US, Europe and Asia.
- 5 years as a Scrum Master for a team diligently applying Scrum practices. Prior experience delivering software or cloud infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, CI/CD, Pairing, Automation, Agile Games, etc.
- Understanding principles of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, improvement, empowerment, and transparency.
- Experience applying patterns and techniques beyond traditional Scrum (e.g. alternative Burndown techniques or Retrospective formats) Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Experience working in various configurations (different team sizes, orgs, cultures, geographies)
- Track record of continued education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study Active participant in the Agile community.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top