Business Management & Reporting Team, Analyst - Chicago (IMD, GSAM, Strategic Client Services
IMD, GSAM, Strategic Client Services, Business Management & Reporting Team, Analyst – Chicago
We are seeking a highly-motivated, detailed-oriented, analytical financial analyst to join our Business Management & Reporting Team. As a member of the Business Management & Reporting Team, you will provide financial analysis and strategic insight to the leadership of Strategic Client Service to support executive decision-making.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Service is a global sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to Shareholders. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Service, enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all with a focus on being accretive financially to the business.
Our Business Management & Reporting Team sits within Strategic Client Service and is responsible for promoting a scalable and fiscally-responsible operating environment and providing oversight over the profitability of the Shareholder Services teams globally.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In this role, you will be responsible for a wide variety of business management functions, including board reporting, financial analysis & reporting, cost allocation analysis, intermediary fee reconciliations & invoice administration, and ad-hoc projects as directed by management. As part of this team, you will also support the Strategic Client Service teams globally and work closely with senior managers across regions to participate in business planning and strategy review discussions (i.e., budgeting, forecasting).
Basic Qualifications• 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, reporting or similar analytical role
- Advanced technical skills (i.e., MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access; Hyperion Essbase a plus); proven ability to efficiently navigate through large data sets
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills – competency in interpreting data and deriving meaningful insights & trends a must
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing management presentations
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity and confidentiality
- Extremely proactive and self-motivated. Must have high intellectual curiosity
- Results and detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
Preferred Qualifications• Finance, accounting or business administration background preferred
- Familiarity with mutual fund industry and knowledge of transfer agency function a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top