Business Finance & Spend Management - Strategic Sourcing- Technology Infrastructure - Associate/VP
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interact with Engineering teams to understand strategy and product trends.
- Lead/participate in both tactical and strategic contract and commercial negotiations for Engineering globally, with knowledge of the local marketplace and practices.
- Manage the development and completion of RFx processes.
- Create financial analyses of pending transactions, including the review of a vendor's financial viability as well as performing total cost of ownership analyses. May involve interfacing with outside research companies to create benchmarking models and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Collaborate with various risk management partners, such as Legal, Finance, Information Security and Compliance, to ensure adherence to the firm's vendor management policies and procedures.
- Liaise across Engineering management, business and relationship managers, vendors and Technology Business Development to identify and escalate vendor/client sensitivities as well as commercial and relationship opportunities.
- Responsible for tracking of and reporting on Strategic Vendor Management activities, spend and other trends of strategic vendors to understand impact across the firm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in Technology commercial and contract negotiations, focusing on audio-visual integration, cabling, data center services, end-user hardware, network and real time communications equipment, servers, storage, and/or telecommunications services.
- Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must exhibit ability to navigate through complex situations
- Candidate must be a team player with proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams and levels within the organization
- Prior experience in the financial services industry
- Prior experience working with global teams
- Prior experience with well-known enterprise vendors
- Prior technical experience, in-depth understanding of technical concepts and/or vendor management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top