Business Finance & Spend Management - Strategic Sourcing- Technology Infrastructure - Associate/VP
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interact with Engineering teams to understand strategy and product trends.
- Lead/participate in both tactical and strategic contract and commercial negotiations for Engineering globally, with knowledge of the local marketplace and practices.
- Manage the development and completion of RFx processes.
- Create financial analyses of pending transactions, including the review of a vendor's financial viability as well as performing total cost of ownership analyses. May involve interfacing with outside research companies to create benchmarking models and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Collaborate with various risk management partners, such as Legal, Finance, Information Security and Compliance, to ensure adherence to the firm's vendor management policies and procedures.
- Liaise across Engineering management, business and relationship managers, vendors and Technology Business Development to identify and escalate vendor/client sensitivities as well as commercial and relationship opportunities.
- Responsible for tracking of and reporting on Strategic Vendor Management activities, spend and other trends of strategic vendors to understand impact across the firm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in Technology commercial and contract negotiations, focusing on audio-visual integration, cabling, data center services, end-user hardware, network and real time communications equipment, servers, storage, and/or telecommunications services.
- Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must exhibit ability to navigate through complex situations
- Candidate must be a team player with proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams and levels within the organization
- Prior experience in the financial services industry
- Prior experience working with global teams
- Prior experience with well-known enterprise vendors
- Prior technical experience, in-depth understanding of technical concepts and/or vendor management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top