Business Finance and Spend Management, Strategic Sourcing, Professional Fees, Associate
Services Division - Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE), Business Finance and Spend Management (BFSM) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. Business Finance & Spend Management delivers commercial value and front-to-back cost transparency across the firm. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position sits within the Professional Fees Strategic Sourcing team in the Americas which seeks to secure commercial value for consultant engagements across the firm.
- Interact with multiple divisions to understand consultant strategy and assist in execution
- Lead/participate in both tactical and strategic contract and commercial negotiations for Strategic Sourcing globally
- Perform market research and advise internal and external stakeholders
- Drive commercial excellence through project specific and category wide financial analytics including analyzing of budgets and bid returns to identify cost saving opportunities
- Manage the development and completion of RFP processes
- Manage direct negotiation with Professional Services vendors
- Work with Legal to draft and negotiate contract terms
- Liaise across BFSM management, business and relationship managers and vendors to identify and escalate vendor/client sensitivities as well as commercial and relationship opportunities
- Track and report on Strategic Sourcing activities, spend and other trends of strategic vendors to understand impact across the firm
- Ensure appropriate contract structures / types, pricing models, vendor incentive models, service level agreements, performance indicators and cost models are applied consistently across vendors
Minimum 5-6 years of experience in sourcing and procurement, vendor management, legal, and contracting or operational risk management with specific experience working with consulting organizations.
- Very strong analytical skills for both numerical and written work
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Very strong teamwork skills - able to work with global vendors and teams across all levels within the organization
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills, including ability to organize, track and drive resolution to multiple threads of activity; hands-on approach and a can-do attitude to resolving issues
- Strong judgment to navigate through complex situations with a proactive and positive approach while carefully handling confidential information
Bachelors/Masters degree in a related field; relevant professional qualifications or accreditations (e.g. ISM, CPM, CIPS, etc.) Preferred experience working in Professional Services sourcing within Financial Services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top