MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Sec Div data BI is part of Core/Data Engineering team and is a global team of 30+ people focused on building data solutions to help the firm develop efficient workflows, improve client service and minimize risk in the post-trade flow processing. We support both Cash & OTC products across Equities & FICC businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Associate role (6-8 years of experience) involves crunching data to model business decisions, requiring end-end skills in data engineering, ETL/data modeling, math/logic and visualization. It's stitching the data lineage end-end in the post trade flow - starting from collecting data to modeling to warehousing, visualizations and business insights.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Engineering background, string in math/statistics/logic
- Good knowledge of data munging/wrangling methods on large datasets
- ETL processes
- Dimensional modeling - OLTP to OLAP structures
- Experience solving few business problems using data and created analysis
- Tools: SQL, Relational databases, Alteryx (or similar low code ETL tools), Tableau (or similar visualization tools), basic Python
- Experience in driving/project managing data driven solutions
- Ability to design a data model & end-end solution architecture
- Stakeholder/Client management
- Business Requirements gathering
- Presentation skills
- Experience working in a global environment & teams of 5-10 people
- Good networking & communication skills
An individual with sound understanding of ETL processes and experience in data driven projects can also work on the data architecture.
Data analytics requires a sound understanding of engineering practices like data modelling (SQL, Python, schema design), data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, SAS, etc.).
Expertise on data wareshousing, data modelling, ETL.
Good knowledge on handling distributed systems, Load balancing etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.