Back-End Engineer - Marquee
- Dallas, TX
The Marquee Analytics team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital analytics products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions that provide access to Goldman Sachs' analytics and risk services through APIs, quant libraries, and our web platform. These solutions help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating businesses in digital finance that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients.
As an engineer you will be expected to deliver Goldman Sachs' analytics and risk solutions to clients through Marquee's APIs and quant libraries. Identifying requirements will require interaction with clients of Goldman Sachs, in addition to traders, salespeople, and fellow engineers across all lines of business. Delivering best-in-class scalable and resilient solutions will necessitate leveraging your strengths in software engineering while working in a client focus and agile environment.
Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and salespeople collaborate to drive progress within digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who seek out opportunities and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance while positioned at the center of global markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in: Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics
• Excellent programming skills in a major programming language such as Python, Java, or C#
• Excellent knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming
• Knowledge of popular design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
• Experience designing scalable and reliable systems with a focus on RESTful APIs
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch or MongoDb
• Experience programming with concurrency and memory management
• Experience working with front-end developers to build full-stack applications
• Knowledge or interest in financial markets and products
• Work on some of the most complex technical and design opportunities in technology and finance
• Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
• Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top