Back-End Developer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Join a new team that will establish partnerships with external businesses to drive Marcus growth.
- Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building enhancements that facilitate better customer experience and growth on website
- Develop reusable web components consistent with Marcus brand guidelines for use throughout the Marcus website and related Consumer Finance products
- Implement unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to improve site resilience and maintain high level of software and website quality
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Provide digitally-advanced financial products to retail consumers
• Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
• Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience writing Java APIs
• Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort with agile operating models
Experience with microservice architecture
• Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top