Back Office Operations Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Are you passionate about operations, leadership, and using digital tools to provide solutions and excellent customer service to consumers? We're looking for a professional to lead our consumer call handling teams who wants to use their skills and ideas to create and then lead new processes and teams.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to lead teams, manage processes, and improve digital tools. Our division also provides critical operations and user experience design to ensure business flows smoothly when customers come to us. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding key Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, compliance and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting the strategic action plans that supports the business strategic direction and goals for back office operations teams by developing vision, setting high standards and communicating ideas.
- Oversee back office operations teams to achieve performance goals and maintain employee satisfaction by providing leadership, communication, coaching and professional development to direct reports and their teams. Create/support highly involved team environment
- Ensure timely, quality resolution of customer/client inquiries.
- Responsible for hiring of staff and developing key business tactics and plans to ensure departmental service levels and customer satisfaction levels are achieved.
- Proactively resolve potential issues, with escalation as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains an environment with intense focus on customer satisfaction and professional customer support balanced with consistent achievement of standard business objectives.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure collaboration and process efficiencies are maintained.
- Drives improvements in business processes and ensures optimal resource utilization and audit compliant administrative process and strategy.
- Oversee and manage 3rd party vendor relationships to ensure accuracy and timeliness of service provided to consumer.
- Assist in documenting business requirements that can drive business process improvements and simplification
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years of customer service and/or sales experience (or equivalent military experience).
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of customer service experience
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, positive attitude, driven, able to work independently in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience Customer service management experience
- Experience in a consumer banking environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top