Asset Management Division, UK Retail Sales, Vice President, UK
- London, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations global. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The GSAM UK & Ireland Retail Client Business is responsible for new business development and managing existing third party distribution client relationships with, for example, Banks, Life Companies, Multi-Managers, Wealth Managers and IFAs.
Given our focus on establishing strategic partnerships across the UK, we are looking for a highly competent individual to work in the team covering the UK market with a particular focus on building strategic partnerships across the UK.
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with third party distribution clients and prospects at a senior level including platforms, consolidators, networks and IFAs
- Representing GSAM across several product ranges including Fixed Income, Equity and Alternatives
- Managing new business development and responsibility for raising assets from the UK market
- Representing GSAM at industry events
- Minimum of 5-10 years sales experience in the UK asset management market
- Strong relationships with platforms, nationals & networks and other regional clients
- Previous account management experience essential
- Knowledge of various fundamental and quantitative investment strategies including global fixed income & currency, equity, alternatives would be desirable
- Good understanding of investment funds and portfolio construction
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic
- IMC essential
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top