Asset Management Division, Real Estate, Associate, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt, Germany
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is one of the world's leading investors in alternative investments. With over 30 years of experience, we invest in the full spectrum of alternatives, including private equity, growth equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, ESG, and absolute-return strategies. Our clients access these solutions through our direct proprietary strategies, customized strategic partnerships, and open-architecture programs. Our alternative investment teams represent over 1,000 professionals, across 31 offices around the world. We leverage the depth and breadth of global relationships across Goldman Sachs to identify investment opportunities, drawing on our firm-wide capital market insights, industry research, and risk management platforms. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, family offices and individuals, for which we invest or advise on over $300 billion of alternative investments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about finance, real estate and investing? We're looking for a professional to join our Real Estate team who wants to use their skills and ideas to become a successful real estate investor at Goldman Sachs.
AMD Real Estate is a vertically integration global platform with over 400 Real Estate professionals in 17 locations. The group invests Firm and third party capital in real estate investments across the capital structure and across asset types. AMD Real Estate is one of the largest and most active private real estate equity and credit investors with circa $35bn of assets under management and a plan to grow this materially over the coming years.
- Oversight of our operating partners and being the day-to-day point person on various acquisition and asset management work streams, with specific focus on financial modelling, auditing due diligence and reporting
- Support preparation of real estate leasing, capex and transactional models to present to senior management and external boards for their approval
- Support preparation of the bi-annual business plan process by working with our external asset management partners in drawing up asset and portfolio strategies as well as setting sales and leasing targets for the upcoming year
- Analysis and reporting of asset level metrics (revenue, costs, capex) and how these affect overall deal returns
- Assist with implementation and set-up of newly acquired deals, liaising with other parts of the firm as well as external parties (legal, tax, accounting, asset and property management platforms)
- Involvement in the documentation, structuring and financing aspects of transactions (including debt restructurings)
- Researching and evaluating potential real estate investment markets and opportunities, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in asset management and/or an investing role in Private Equity
- Strong academic background gained in a quantitative discipline preferable
- Real estate experience couple with strong desire to work in finance and real estate
- Solid analytical/logical mind-set and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident)
- High level competency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top