MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The GSAM Germany & Austria Retail Client Business is responsible for new business development and managing existing third party distribution client relationships with, for example, Banks, Asset Managers, Multi Family Offices, Private Wealth Managers, Savings Banks and IFAs.
Given our focus on broadening our distribution business, we are looking for a highly competent individual to work in the team covering the German or Austrian market.
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with third party distribution clients and prospects at a senior level
- Representing GSAM across several product ranges including Fixed Income & Currency, Equity, Hedge Funds, Private Market and Quantitative Strategies
- Managing new business development and responsibility for raising assets from the German/Austrian market
- Representing GSAM at industry, client and advisor events
- Minimum of 3 years' sales experience in the German/Austrian asset management market
- Previous account management experience essential
- Knowledge of various fundamental and quantitative investment strategies including global fixed income & currency, equity, alternatives would be desirable
- Good understanding of investment funds and portfolio construction
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity