MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks an Associate or Analyst to join the Commercial Real Estate Asset Management group within the Merchant Banking Division (MBD) which supports real estate investing across multiple product types (office, industrial, and retail) across the US.
- Support asset managers on existing portfolio of commercial real assets, including office, industrial, land and mixed use
- Key responsibilities includes modeling, business plan preparation and execution, developing monthly cash flow projections, support leasing strategy, collect financials and review budgets, prepare monthly and/or quarterly reporting, and work- with third parties, including operating partners, brokers and property management companies
- Assist with dispositions, including writing investment committee memorandums, finalizing models, and/or calculating waterfall returns
- Research/evaluate market trends, rental rates and occupancy trends to update investment assumptions within models (in advanced Excel)
- Assist with sale, leasing and disposition efforts of real estate assets including transaction management and closing supports
- Collaborate and work closely with counterparties including, third party vendors, operating partners, property management companies, as well as internal stakeholders, such as accounting, legal and compliance that support business
- Conduct in depth market and portfolio analyses; understand industry trends
- Maintain performance reports for internal tracking and reporting
- Strong academic background - finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- Analyst candidates should have a minimum 1 year experience while Associate candidates should have 5+ years of experience with real estate experience with asset management and transaction experience in commercial real estate product types
- Solid modeling skills, analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must have MS Office Excel experience to an advanced level
- Use or understanding of Argus
- Must have PowerPoint experience
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity