Application Suppport Specialist - AppBank Equities
The AppBank Equities team at Goldman Sachs combines software and systems engineering to run, and maintain high performant, distributed, fault tolerant trading systems. AppBank Equities focuses on ensuring our clients' experience of the Goldman Sachs engineering platform is best in class.
As an AppBank Equities Analytics and Automation specialist you will be constructing and executing analyses of large data-sets, identifying issues, trends, and opportunities for automation. You will build automated tooling and solutions to address risks in the plant, and improve the operational reliability of our systems. You will collaborate with other infrastructure and engineering teams.
We are looking for passionate, curious, driven engineers who thrive on solving operational problems and improving efficiency and would like to apply their skills to our Equities franchise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform complex data analyses on large data-sets.
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis.
- Support services through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas.
- Practice sustainable incident management in a blameless postmortem culture.
- Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools.
- Proactive management of our production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with Engineering teams in automating them.
- Develop, test and support analytics and automation.
- Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly.
- Participates in activities like Disaster recovery, stress/capacity or exchange testing.
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance.
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of Linux Platform.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk.
- Experience in one or more of the following C++, Java, Python and Perl.
- Knowledge of one of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2.
- Knowledge of one of the version control systems like svn, cvs.
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues.
- Management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in software development and minimum of 2 years in software support.
- Prior Equities experience highly regarded.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top