Application Support Specialist - AppBank Operations
Did you know that AppBank supports over 2,000 of the Firm's applications, managing over 30K incidents, 18 million alerts, and 170,000 user support requests per year?
You'll have the rare opportunity to get a deep understanding of both the technology and business of the Firm, while working in one of the most critical functions for the Firm - supporting systems that enable the business to operate. You will contribute to the transformation of support through cost and risk mitigating utilization of automation and get a deep understanding of the domain and applications you support. Senior stakeholders from business and technology group will rely on you to keep their systems functioning smoothly, to preemptively notify them of any brewing issues before they cause impact and to rapidly troubleshoot and resolve system issues when they occur.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Solve complex application issues and propose code fixes
- Drive support transformation through automation
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to solve their problems
- Understand how the data flows through the Firm
- Learn a multitude of business functions
- Debug application code
- Hungry to learn new systems, technologies and business functions
- Keen to work with senior business and technology stakeholders to solve complex production problems
- Very analytical with an ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and client-oriented solutions
- Love to problem solve and see results immediately
- Like to help others and resolve their issues
- Enjoy the adrenaline rush of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment where every second to issue resolution matters
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and 2+ years of software support experience, including ability to debug code.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, including experience observing patterns and analyzing root cause.
- Experience with UNIX/ Unix Shell script iv. One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
- Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
- Experience in the Financial Service Industry will be a plus (OR will provide less of a learning curve)
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and be able to adapt to changing priorities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top