Application Support - One Delta Engineering
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles , which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs is investing heavily in its electronic trading business and the associated technology platform. This business has grown very fast in the last few years and the trend is continuing.
Global Markets Engineering teams provide a range of technical solutions to meet our customer needs and supplies clients with exchange connectivity, algorithms, smart routing and analytics.
Our clients range from large institutional funds, retail brokers, market specialists to day traders. Support is key to such a transparent market access business - in electronic trading the only differentiators are reliability, technical expertise and breadth of offering.
One Delta Engineering is a business facing technical team. We manage the quality, stability and integrity of production environments and are strongly aligned with our business users who are Traders, Sales Traders and Operations personnel dealing with external client flows. To keep pace with an expanding client base, order flow and functionality, we are investing in Mission Control and we are required to meet expectations of system reliability and customer service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the trading support for GSSA (Goldman Sachs Saudi Arabia) entity & management of the trading platform for GSSA and the EMEA regions. In addition you will also be responsible for maintaining the platform production environments to the latest standards within the Firm presenting further opportunities to work across infrastructure teams including database, server and operating system groups.
The candidate will also be providing technical accountability for the automation scope and will be expected to build up significant knowledge of the systems to provide second level support during system issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Electronic trading is a global business. We are moving towards a single global organisation for managing our systems in NY, London, Tokyo, Mid East and India. With this global team, Mission Control, we intend to make full use of resources in time zones that are best able to support the systems when they need it.
This role places the successful candidate at the heart of our electronic business, in One Delta Engineering. Based in Riyadh, you will provide operational and technical assistance to both our internal traders, and crucially our external clients. In addition, you will be expected to work with every component in the order flow , in order to assess risk during systems changes, provide input to system design and supportability, swiftly resolve production issues and add enhancements to our systems.
Other functional responsibilities include:
- Anticipate, diagnose and solve problems
- Research and diagnose bugs
- Provide feedback to core development groups on longer-term application requirements
- Help to set standards for application testing, documentation and rollout
- Undertake system enhancements
- Identify the support run books that can be automated to reduce manual interventions.
- Interface daily with Front Office and Middle Office; there is considerable exposure to the trading desks and a key requirement is to build strong user relationships.
- Proactive management and monitoring of our environment, together with extensive problem identification, ownership, resolution or escalation.
- Managing significant system outages, directing activities of all development and infrastructure teams to resolve serious production issues
- Identify improvements to system behaviour, control tools and to monitoring tools
- Build support tools to make support tasks more efficient.
- Run projects that continue to improve the availability, stability, performance of the system (e.g. monitoring , capacity analysis, failover dry runs).
- Help plan new releases of software with development teams
- Manage the turnover of new releases into the production environment and subsequent testing.
- Work as part of a global team
SKILL / EXPERIENCE
A total experience of 1-2 years with significant exposure in at least 4 of the below four core skill-sets would be required.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX as underlying OS for our platform.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Database technology exposure in querying databases and writing sql code.
- Writing scripts or programs using perl and Unix shell scripting.
- Ability to run projects with strict deadlines.
- Understanding of the FIX Protocol.
- Understanding of Equities business.
- A demonstrable understanding of testing method.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- ITIL Certified
- Experience working for Mid-East markets
- Experience of Client facing technical support
- Working knowledge of network routing and protocols (TCP/IP, Firewalls etc.)
- An exposure to Investment Banking or the financial industry and/or Equities.
- Design test plans and testing strategies for new functionality
- Define, shape and evolve consistent SDLC and release management processes across development group
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and communications skills
- Will take the initiative to improve their situation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively - the client comes first
- Ability to react calmly but quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
- Technical/Engineering undergraduate degree required at a minimum
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top