Application Security-Security Vulnerability Research-Advisory-Tech Risk
- Warsaw, Poland
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
Business Unit Overview Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA. Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control across Goldman Sachs. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications. Role In this role, you will be joining a Team with the most interesting profile on the IT Security market. Our dedicated team specializes in deep-dive IT Security research throughout the whole OSI stack. This involves old and Firm's proprietary technology as well as new technology and standards that technologists want to use. What distinguishes us from Red, Blue, Purple Teams, or the Pen Testers is the fact that we can focus our efforts across any architecture component and start taking them apart one by one to discover security issues. The ideal candidate should be a hacker.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Full-scope analysis
• Conduct security research in software that is critical for Firm's operations
• Discovering implementation issues
• Creating baselines and navigating changes throughout Divisions
• Finding vulnerabilities in source code
• Finding gaps in processes
• Creating security roadmaps
• Descriptions of components used
• Defining threat landscape
• Risk promotion / Awareness
• Incorporating new Standards, RFC's, Driving Global Changes [Ismeet - can this be reworded as...Promoting the use of latest security standards at the firm by providing deep technical guidance]
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Expertise with penetration testing of web applications, networks, operating systems
• Working knowledge of common security tools (Nessus, Accunetix, metasploit, scapy, fuzzers, burp, wireshark)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP stack and network protocols
• Experience in crafting custom proof of concept exploits
• Experience with Windows OS / Unix
• Bughunting / Issues Discovery (CVE assignation) is a plus.
• Reverse Engineering nice to have, but not necessary.
• Malware Analysis good to have, but not necessary.
• Network Protocol fuzzing is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top