Application Infrastructure Developer - Application Infrastructure
Are you passionate about design, development and continuous delivery of large scale, highly available and resilient distributed systems?
We are looking for talented and commercial-minded developers to help us shape the future of our key runtime platforms that underpin the firm's technology solutions.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Application Infrastructure team
Application Infrastructure team is a global, multi-disciplinary team, responsible for providing infrastructure, tools and services that form a unified platform for deployment and execution of business applications in a standardised environment suitable for all needs. The platform aims to enable the firm's application developers to efficiently deploy and execute their code in both production and non-production environments, extending across private and public cloud data centres.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Full lifecycle (ideate-build-run) responsibility for the deployment and runtime platform solutions, with the aim of enhancing developer experience, mitigating operational risk and reducing cost
• Perform market analysis and partner with engineering teams to understand the competitive landscape and relative benefits of alternative offerings
• You will have access to a global team of technology experts from a multitude of disciplines and provide a single point of service for their application developer clients
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3 or more years of commercial software development experience, in at least one of the Java, Python and C++ ecosystems
• Demonstrable knowledge of best in class software architecture patterns and designing software for testing
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle practices
• Eager to learn new programming languages, paradigms, tools and frameworks and keep up to date with the industry trends and best practices
• Exposure to at least one SQL or NoSQL database product
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting and debugging application issues
• Team player, keen on working in a global organization
• Highly entrepreneurial self-starter
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Functional programming experience with languages such as Erlang and Scala is highly beneficial
• Familiarity with system level programming in the Linux/Unix environment
• Exposure to message-oriented middleware, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Hands on experience with designing and building RESTful services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top