Android Developer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We are actively seeking a motivated Android Engineer with proven industry experience.
- The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role.
- We are looking for an expert Android developer to work on a greenfield enterprise-grade project delivered on Android platforms. Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank.
- As a Mobile Developer you will be working closely with UX and product designers to build mobile user experiences which will be A/B tested for effectiveness and impact to our clients. The code you write will reach millions and help redefine the firm.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading the delivery of mobile apps using his/her knowledge of native Android languages.
- The candidate will get to work with modern technologies, such as RESTful web services, OAuth 2.0 and the latest version of Android Studio, and will utilize them to build cutting-edge software that will include advance data visualizations. The candidate should also demonstrate deep knowledge of mobile architectures that encourage code reuse and ease debugging.
- They should be comfortable working with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing good quality, easily testable code. They should also be able to collaborate and contribute estimates to the planning process.
- The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and should be able to lead others towards his/her technical vision.
- Knowledge of Consumer Finance is not essential but experience in any of these areas may provide a candidate with some advantage.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills will be crucial since the candidate must be able to gather requirements as well as influence and gain consensus for their designs with the global technology team.
- Work to identify where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and projects
- Interact with and influence key/internal stakeholders
- Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of practical experience in software programming
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio
- Knowledge of MVC and MV* patterns
- An appreciation of design
- Active on Github, or StackOverflow
- Experience with Kotlin
- Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
- Experience with Realm, Rx java, Retrofit
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top