Americas Equity Research, TMT, Business Analyst/Associate, New York
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
POSITION - BUSINESS ANALYST / ASSOCIATE
The role of the GIR Business Analyst / Associate is to support global equity research teams by compiling, analyzing and summarizing data and other information. The role will focus not only on quantitative tasks such as developing financial and industry models, but also on contributions to the production of fundamental equity research reports.
Working closely with the Senior Analyst and other members of the Technology, Media & Telecommunications team, the responsibilities of the Business Analyst / Associate are to:
- Develop strong industry and company knowledge
- Build and maintain financial models
- Interpret data and perform analysis on market, economic and industry trends
- Contribute to the generation and execution of investment ideas
- Write reports on companies under coverage
- Update and maintain monthly reports, marketing books, weekly reports and valuation sheets
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales, and traders
- 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance and valuation
- Demonstrated interest in the Technology sector
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful / entrepreneurial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top