MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar and storage. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 trillion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of solar industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire an Analyst level Engineer to support the Technical Operations team out of Boca Raton, FL office.
Will be responsible for providing technical support during the detailed engineering and construction stage of projects and will be working with cross-disciplinary teams on regular basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Day to Day Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and Engineer C&I and utility scale solar PV projects
- Design Optimization for early stage development opportunities
- Reviewing technical documentation (EPC Contract, equipment specifications, warranties, studies, etc.) during due diligence and construction stage.
- Review and provide Inputs based on due diligence critical documentation pertaining to Electrical, Civil, Structural or Environmental aspect of the PV project
- Coordinate with Owner's Engineer and Independent Engineer during design and construction phase
- Support driving the projects in due diligence and in construction to completion per schedule
- Perform research on new technologies and help in identifying solutions for optimization
- Assist in reviewing production analysis for PV systems
- Support technical review of inputs to financial models
- Work with equipment vendors on technical design, procurement, and other related items.
- Reviewing construction submittals pertaining to latest codes and standards
- Develop detailed equipment specifications and site assessment and analysis
- At least 2 years of experience designing commercial and small utility scale PV projects (familiarity with Battery Energy Storage a plus)
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other renewable related discipline
- Strong knowledge on National Electric Code (familiarity with California and New York local codes a plus)
- Strong knowledge on PVSYST and Energy modeling tools
- Ability to work fluidly between different project stages and have strong analytical skills
- Experience reviewing technical and due diligence documentation
- Medium voltage engineering experience
- Ability to communicate between different counterparties involved during engineering phase
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity