MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management's Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) team manages over $150 billion across a variety of mandates including institutional portfolios, high net worth accounts and mutual funds, using sophisticated quantitative models that have been developed in an innovative research environment. The team is one of the largest quantitative managers in the world, and is recognized as an industry leader in quantitative portfolio management techniques. The team manages exposures to global stock, bond, currency and commodity markets to generate excess return, or "alpha," for client portfolios. The team also manages a platform of advanced beta strategies, which includes various smart beta, hedge fund replication, tax-efficient and customized, rules-based beta capabilities. As one of the longest-running quantitative teams in the industry, QIS has developed a strong reputation for innovation, excellence, teamwork and camaraderie.
The Customized Beta Strategies team within QIS is a fast growing group which oversees approximately $90BN across over 15,000 customized equity portfolios. The CBS team delivers bespoke investment solutions to High Net Worth, Institutional and Retail clients. As a focal point for one of the division's key priority initiatives, the team operates in an entrepreneurial environment but with the resources of a large organization. A core focus for the team is creating disruptive digital tools and designing cutting-edge investment strategies that are capable of transforming the asset management industry. We design and employ highly-scalable portfolio management systems to create equity-based strategies designed to meet client investment objectives. We invest on behalf of clients via a direct indexing approach, through highly customized separate accounts. Current investment solutions range from tax advantaged offerings, income based strategies, factor based investing, index replication, values alignment and ESG oriented portfolios - with more strategies under development.
Our team of client portfolio managers works closely with portfolios managers, salespeople, financial advisors and clients to position our strategies, develop and create marketing materials and campaigns and answer and address client questions and requests. Team members serve as points of contact for advisor and client communication to offer advice and education. Responsibilities also include collaborating on new investment strategies and digital tools we are developing. Our team is energized by leveraging technology to create scale and customization across our entire business and deliver an excellent client experience with industry leading investment solutions and performance. Our team operates in a fast paced environment that welcomes individuals who have a background and demonstrated interest in portfolio management and client collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Learn and understand CBS investment strategies and portfolio management approach
- Serve as a product expert on CBS investment strategies to both internal and external clients of the Division and Firm
- Serve as point of contact for Advisor and Client questions
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, sales and marketing to create thought leadership and determine and execute best vehicle for delivery (webinar, blog posts, white paper, etc.)
- Educate internal and external groups on focused products
- Work closely with sales force and prepare relevant marketing materials
- Drive commercial outcomes through client engagement
- Monitor feedback and highlight opportunities with persistent follow-up
- Work with team members to identify client solutions/products to market
- Work with investment team to develop investment products
- Conduct competitive analyses, peer group analyses and overall market research
- Develop solid working relationships with our QIS investment teams, working closely with portfolio managers, researches and investment specialists to gain investment insight to be used in our marketing collateral.
- Develop and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of multi-asset strategies and the markets in which they invest, becoming experts in the communication of those markets.
- Quantitative orientation; finance and statistics knowledge
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience and background with quantitative techniques and investment strategies would be preferable
- Organized and deadline driven
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Computer programming background or experience is ideal (experience with a programming language such as (C / C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity