AMD, GSAM, Global Portfolio Solutions, Actuary, Associate/Vice President
- Norwalk, CT
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities (External), Basic Qualifications, Preferred Qualifications
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) is the multi-asset class investing group within the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and develops comprehensive investment management solutions customized to meet clients' investment objectives and constraints. These solutions offer a tailored menu of strategies and services, including markets expertise, asset allocation, and risk management. GPS is a committed partner to corporate pensions, nonprofits, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, and individual investors, and currently manages over $140 billion in assets for a diverse group of clients globally. The team has been constructing and managing multi-asset class portfolios for two decades and is comprised of more than 140 professionals across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
The successful candidate would become a member of the Portfolio Management Team within Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS), responsible for the design, management, and communication of multi-asset class portfolios. This role is highly analytical, focusing on developing, investing, managing and communicating customized portfolio solutions for clients. Core responsibilities include:
- Prepare liability analysis for defined benefit pension plans based on actuarial data under a variety of economic assumption sets
- Assist in asset/liability modeling for current clients and prospects
- Support in content development involving client and prospect presentation books, request for proposals, and other liability-related analyses
Other required skills/experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a specialization or focus in mathematics, finance or actuarial science
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and meticulous, strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intelligent, creative, with good problem-solving abilities
- A self-starter able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets, actuarial science and a good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Experience with pension valuation software is a plus
- 5 Years or more of relevant professional experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top