AMD, GSAM, Fixed Income, ESG & Climate Change Research Analyst, Associate/Vice President
- New York, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
GSAM Fixed Income is seeking an analyst with a background in sustainability and ESG research, with a particular focus on climate change.
At GSAM, it is our view that ESG factors can impact the investment risk and return profiles of our investments. The firm's ESG professionals are responsible for deepening GSAM's commitment to sustainable investing by enhancing the integration of material ESG factors across our investment process, with continual advancement of our proprietary ESG analytical capabilities and the development and implementation of sustainable strategies to better deliver our clients' investment objectives.
We are seeking an analyst to join our Fixed Income ESG team to work closely with our credit research team to integrate climate and environmental factors into our corporate assessment process, including working with GSAM investors to develop a systematic framework to assess exposure and performance across a variety of industries and regions. In addition, the analyst will work across other segments of the bond market (including sovereigns, munis and securitized) where climate transition risk and physical risk are material.
The successful candidate will bring a background in sustainability and ESG, in particular experience working on climate analysis. A data-oriented and critical-thinking mindset are important for the role. The ESG & Climate Change Analyst will also need to demonstrate a commitment to a team-oriented culture as a key activity in the role will be to help guide and coordinate our credit analysts and economists on focused bondholder engagement on climate and other environmental factors. Excellent communication skills are needed, and experience presenting in a variety of forums.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with credit research analysts and economists globally to develop an analytical framework for assessing climate and other environmental factors across industries, companies and sovereigns.
- Define climate risk for other segments of the bond market (e.g. munis and securitized) and work with these teams on an assessment framework, including evaluating data inputs.
- Analyze issuer exposure and performance, working with industry analysts and leveraging standard and non-standard datasets as well as other indicators.
- Develop and implement an evaluation for the environmental impact of issuances (e.g. green, transition, sustainability-linked bonds).
- Deliver information, investment ideas and climate themes to researchers, portfolio managers and traders, including views on sustainable debt instruments (e.g. Green Bonds).
- Maintain and enhance monitoring and assessment of climate performance related to portfolio construction.
- Communicate our climate and other ESG views to internal and external stakeholders, including participation in thought leadership pieces.
- Direct our Bondholder Engagement, working with industry analysts (which may include members of GSAM's Fundamental Equity team), on climate transition and related business practices.
- Participate in industry initiatives as appropriate.
- 3+ year of experience assessing and analyzing sustainability and ESG-related topics.
- Strong familiarity with climate risk and opportunities as it applies to investing and corporate research. Prior experience covering climate- or environmentally-impacted sectors at sell side/ buy side asset manager / rating agency is also applicable.
- Proficiency in data analysis required, particularly assessing carbon performance (Scope 1, 2 and 3). An understanding of investment research is helpful.
- Proven presentation, communication (oral and written) and influencing skills with senior stakeholders.
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top