MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Asset Management Division (AMD)
Asset Management Division (AMD) is one of the world's leading investment managers. AMD provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar and storage. The team sits within Asset Management Division ("AMD") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 billion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire an Energy Storage Engineer (Analyst/Associate) to support the Technical Operations team out of Boca Raton, FL office.
You will play an instrumental role on the team providing technical support during the project development (pre-NTP), detailed engineering, and construction stages of projects and will be working with cross-disciplinary teams on regular basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Review C&I and utility scale energy storage projects
- Review technical documentation (EPC Contract, equipment specifications, warranties, studies, drawings, etc.) during due diligence and construction stage; includes electrical, civil, structural, mechanical, and environmental aspects
- Lead owner's engineering and independent engineering efforts with third party firms, including scope and schedule coordination and technical oversight
- Support driving the projects in due diligence and in construction to completion per schedule
- Perform research on new technologies and help in identifying solutions for optimization
- For PV + Storage projects, coordinate with the PV scope to ensure the project is fully integrated
- Support technical review of inputs to financial models
- Optimize NPV for early stage development opportunities
- Work with equipment vendors on technical design, procurement, FAT, and other related items
- Work with EPC on schedule, construction, SAT, commissioning, capacity testing, and other related items
- Review construction submittals pertaining to latest codes and standards
- Develop detailed equipment specifications and site assessment and analysis
- Work with SCADA vendors to review the SCADA design for each project and ensure all aspects are fully incorporated into the design (Off-taker/dispatch signals, cybersecurity, reliability, project control modes, etc.). This may involve coordinating with multiple SCADA and equipment vendors to design the system together
- Continuous process improvement through technical spec / documentation, workflow, vendor relationships, and other related items
- Minimum of two (2) years of engineering experience with lithium-ion battery energy storage systems. (familiarity with Solar PV a plus)
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other renewable related discipline
- Strong knowledge on National Electric Code (familiarity with California and New York local codes a plus)
- Strong knowledge on energy storage sizing, design, and technology selection
- Ability to work fluidly between different project stages and have strong analytical skills
- Experience reviewing technical and due diligence documentation
- Capable of SCADA design including PPC and EMS interactions
- Strong understanding of battery operations, risks, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of technical operations/design impacts to the project financial drivers
- Field experience during installation and commissioning of a battery system is a major plus
- Ability to communicate between different counterparties involved during engineering phase
- Flexibility to perform other tasks that are not part of the position's core responsibilities
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technology platforms
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity