AMD, GSAM, Credit Alternatives, Renewable Power Group, Tax Equity and Debt Structuring, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar, storage and wind. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with greater than $10 billion of investable capital. RPG benefits from an experienced team of industry veterans and significant financial backing which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Role and Responsibilities
- Supports the structuring of legal, tax, financial aspects of Tax Equity ("TE")/Debt transactions for the fund
- Supports multiple tax equity programs, identifying issues and communicating progress and results to TEDS lead
- Manages and assist in tax equity and debt opportunities in the US and make recommendations to the Head of Tax Equity and Debt Structuring and the Head of the Investment Team to assist in setting the strategy and priorities for the area
- Supports the Head of Tax Equity and Structuring to manage stakeholder relationships
- Seeks opportunities to increase the value of each asset and optimize the portfolio overall
- Supports TEDS lead in coordination of structuring matters with internal and external counterparties
- Handles routine tax equity counterparty questions at various stages of the deals
- Assist the Investment Team in model updates for tax equity closings and support on model tracking as requested
- Interface with Investment Team on debt calibration and monetization of asset
- Completes tax equity and debt structuring related research
- Completes special projects as needed with FP&A and the Investment Team
- MBA and/or legal experience
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in structured finance/ energy market.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top