AMD, GSAM, Credit Alternatives, Renewable Power Group, Asset Management , Portfolio Manager -Associate - Boca Raton
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar, storage and wind. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 billion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire an Analyst / Associate to support the team's investing efforts.
You will play an instrumental role on the team sourcing, evaluating, structuring, and managing investments in renewable energy assets. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and own all aspects of the commercial, technical and financial management of operating solar PV assets
- Monitor and execute on contractual and regulatory compliance matters related to operating assets
- Collaborate with and drive internal and external stakeholders supporting the management and operation of the assets
- Track technical and financial metrics to maximize asset performance and drive operational improvements
- Own the P&L and manage accounting support group to ensure proper books and records of operating assets
- Establish and manage relationships with key project counterparties relationships, including but not limited to off-takers, site hosts, equity investors, lenders and regulatory contacts
- Laisse with O&M group on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with service contracts and project requirements as well as HSE and regulatory policies
- Collaborate with other groups to properly on-board assets into the platform to ensure proper transition of assets to the asset management group
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting to project counterparties, including monthly operating reports, financials, regulatory filings, etc.
- Support development and implementation of best practices and new processes or tools to improve the group's operational efficiency and maximize resource utilization
- Support business development, finance and due diligence teams (among others) on project acquisitions and financial transactions as required
- Provide feedback to technical operations group to apply on future due diligence efforts
- Employ creative thinking to develop strategies for performance improvement, risk mitigation and value creation
- Prepare and manage annual operating plans for assets under management in collaboration with technical operations group
- Support annual audit, tax preparation and other corporate reporting requirements
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in asset management or operations of solar PV assets
- Engineering, business, finance or otherwise relevant bachelors' degree. MBA or equivalent advanced technical or financial degree would be plus.
- Strong understanding of operation, management and financing of solar PV assets
- Sufficient technical expertise in solar photovoltaics to be able to successfully carry out key responsibilities of the position
- Baseline understanding of business, accounting, tax and financial matters
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage external stakeholders in discussions and negotiations pertaining to asset operations
- Excels in planning and organization of tasks and is able to execute on plans
- Highly driven, motivated and self-starter that excels in a team environment
- Strong disposition to follow corporate rules and guidelines
- Flexibility to perform other tasks that are not part of the position's core responsibilities
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technology platforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top