MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection ("AIMS") Group is responsible for identifying, researching and selecting leading third-party investment managers. The group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, secondaries, GP stakes, real estate managers, public equity and fixed income strategies.
With over 350 professionals across 11 offices globally, the AIMS Group helps institutional and individual investors with their program design, manager diligence, portfolio construction and risk management. The investment solutions in AIMS have a long history and our programs have seeded and partnered with many of the world's most prominent alternative investment managers.
Today, AIMS oversees over $275 billion across portfolios of both customized and commingled fund solutions as one of the world's broadest, deepest and longest-standing "open architecture" programs. We manage globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors generally access opportunities through new fund commitments, secondary market investments, co-investments, seed capital investments, investment manager equity / revenue share stakes, or fund of fund solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Actively participate in the initial operational due diligence visits and calls with potential and existing investment advisors to evaluate their overall control environment and perform a thorough risk assessment of the firm and products under consideration
- Lead efforts to monitor third party investment firms using surveillance tools, publicly available information and review of key periodic key reporting (e.g., financial statements) in order to manage various risks, including reputational, legal and operational
- Build and maintain industry expertise necessary to effectively engage personnel at investment advisers and assess adequacy of overall control environment
- Oversee the project management aspects of multiple high-impact work streams across the Operational Due Diligence function with particular focus on the group's annual and ongoing diligence initiatives
- Create communications, reporting and presentations highlighting the group's work to senior management, clients and other stakeholders
- Serve as primary liaison to and build relationships with the broader Investment and Client Solutions teams within AIMS alongside divisional Compliance and Legal areas
- Strong project management and business acumen
- Highly organized and proactive individual with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and develop broad expertise, including working knowledge of: alternative investment strategies and the financial instruments employed globally therein
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with a data driven and strategic approach to solving problems
- Technological prowess (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other enterprise tools)
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive initiatives while emphasizing quality of work
- Fast learner who can navigate the organization and get up to speed quickly
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity