MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection Group ("AIMS" or the "Group") resides within AMD ("Asset Management Division") and is Goldman Sachs' dedicated manager selection business, covering solutions across private equity, real estate, credit/fixed income, ESG integrated strategies, public equity, and hedge funds. We manage globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors generally access opportunities through new fund commitments, secondary market investments, co-investments, seed capital investments, investment manager equity/ revenue share stakes, or fund of fund solutions. The AIMS Group is one of the world's broadest, deepest, and longest-standing "open-architecture" programs, investing or advising on over $250bn.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct sourcing and due diligence of technology-focused private equity funds, including venture capital and growth equity funds, for consideration as part of fund of funds, separate account mandates and advisory mandates
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee through written and oral presentations
- Coordinate the execution of investments, including working closely with internal (e.g., internal counsel) and external parties (e.g., private equity managers)
- Monitor the performance and risk profile of existing investments
- Perform industry research to support sourcing, diligence and investment monitoring
- Provide portfolio updates and present investment views to AIMS' clients
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manager selection, corporate finance, M&A, leverage finance, private equity, other private or public markets investing
- Outstanding numerical and analytical skills for the purpose of assessing investment opportunities
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills enabling the candidate to make robust recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Excellent time, people and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity