AMD, Americas Client Business, Pensions Team, Analyst, West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach, FL
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Pensions Team is situated within the America Client Business and works primarily with defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans. The team is responsible for building deep relationships and finding client solutions covering a broad spectrum of products, including fixed income, equities, hedge funds and private equity. In addition, the team collaborates with clients by providing thought leadership on relevant topics, including asset allocation and portfolio risk analysis. The Pensions team also covers GSAM's Latin American and Canadian clients as well as many Endowments and Foundations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with senior team members to manage, enhance and develop existing client relationships
- Work with senior team members to ensure all recurring and bespoke client requests are met on a timely basis
- Work closely with senior team members to execute new business development efforts by coordinating prospect pitches, presentations and identifying new business opportunities
- Build and manage an industry knowledge base by researching new business opportunities and staying current on industry publications and newspapers, client web sites, conference materials, consultant and other databases, etc.
- Work with senior team members to develop and execute a strategic plan for each client, which outlines cross selling opportunities, a service plan and specific deliverables
- Assist with the coordination of all client account maintenance items (e.g., account updates, guideline changes, client organizational changes, etc.)
- Work with Portfolio / Product Manager(s) to prepare and review materials for portfolio review meetings
- Identify and escalate any sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers with a common goal of ensuring clients' needs are met
- Respond to informational requests from various sources including clients, prospects and consultants. These requests include: requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs), consultant requests and client inquiries and updates
- 1 -3 years of work experience at an asset management firm or other financial services organization
- Basic knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues based in different regional offices
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Series 7, 63 and 3 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies preferred
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top