Alternative Investment Client Services – Administrator Oversight Analyst/Associate – Chicago (IMD, GSAM, Strategic Client Services
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate to join our Alternative Investment Client Services team. In this capacity, you will work closely with our fund administrators and portfolio managers and coordinate service related strategies with the goal of providing an optimal client experience.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Service group is a global, sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to shareholders. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Services enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all with a focus on being accretive financially to the business.
Within Strategic Client Service, Alternative Investment Clients Services is a solutions oriented team seeking to enhance the client experience by developing and monitoring ongoing service related strategies and controls. The Administrator Oversight team is responsible for managing relationships with our fund administrators, reporting flows to fund portfolio managers, and processing all fund-related transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Oversee hedge fund trades to ensure accurate trade-flow reporting to portfolio managers
- Act as liaison between sales channels and internal groups
- Evaluate trade waiver and correction requests from sales teams
- Oversee the facilitation of investor trade settlement
- Assist in oversight of vendor relationships (e.g. fund administrators, custodians)
- Oversee and coordinate resolution of product servicing issues and errors
- Implement process improvements/enhancements
- Improve internal controls over accounting and operational processes
- Improve collection, dissemination and maintenance of product data attributes
- Lead ad hoc projects within the Strategic Client Service group
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong organizational/multi-tasking skills
- Leadership – Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes for answers; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers
- Self-Development – Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths
- Strong Team Player – Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes. Fosters the feeling of belonging in the team
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize team responsibilities accordingly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications• 2+ years financial services experience
- Knowledgeable about the alternative investment industry
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top