Accounting Controllers - Mexico City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Business Unit And Role Overview
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. LatAm Controllers is within the Controllers Department within the Finance division and is responsible for preparing and analyzing local regulatory and financial statements in accordance with the local rules and regulations applicable to broker/dealers in the Mexico market.
An opportunity to join the LatAm Controllers team has arisen in the Mexico office in financial and regulatory reporting. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing and preparing regulatory and financial statements in accordance with local rules and regulations as well as participate in various ongoing projects working closely with various teams across the Federation and the Front Office. Diligence, attention to detail, analytical skills, superb organization skills, strong Excel skills and interpersonal skills are a must. The applicants should also have excellent writing skills, possess the ability and confidence to work well with a broad range of teams across the Finance, Operations and Securities Divisions, consistently deliver and meet tight reporting deadlines, have very strong team focus, and be able to multi-task. Public accounting experience, financial services industry experience and financial product knowledge are desirable.
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations to close the books at month-end
- Preparation of financial and regulatory statements for filings
- Analyzing and preparing daily regulatory capital calculations under the market risk, credit risk, and operational risk CNBV frameworks.
- Participate in the preparation of internal and external audit materials.
- Participate in the preparation of materials for regulatory exams.
- Assisting the Product Controller in daily, monthly and quarterly PNL estimates as needed.
- Work closely with Technology on various initiatives to update and enhance the financial and regulatory reporting framework.
- Keep to up to speed with local accounting rules and regulations.
- Assist the team in various ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Maintaining support documentation in accordance with internal policies and procedures as well as in accordance with requirements established under local rules and regulations.
- Basic Qualifications
- The role requires bilingual candidates, fluent in both English and Spanish. Bachelor Degree Required.
- Working towards or having a Chartered Financial Analyst or Public Account Certification is a plus
- Associate role must have interests and up to three (3) years of experience in Audit, Financial Control, Risk Management, Accounting or Regulatory Control Role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top