GoCanvas is a cloud-based software service revolutionizing how work gets done. We help businesses join the mobile-first world by moving from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using GoCanvas’ powerful apps for smartphones and tablets.
As a key member of our Operations team, you will be focused on supporting our local and remote teams while assisting in the administration of our AWS infrastructure. This will include local network administration, provisioning of IT assets and ensuring security policies are upheld on the day to day basis. In addition, in this role, you will become part of the on-call team which supports our production infrastructure.
You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, systems, mobile app platform and strategy. You’ll gain tremendous experience in scaling a rapidly growing SaaS company. We’re looking for A players who believe in our mission, share our values and aren’t afraid to join us on this game-changing ride!
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Internal hardware/software provisioning and maintenance
- Local network administration and maintenance
- Internal onboarding and offboarding processes
- IT process implementation and maintenance
- Implementation, configuration, and deployment of AWS assets for development environments
What Your Success Looks Like
- Weekly input into IT operations processes and growth
- Working with Ansible, Puppet or Salt infrastructure automation tools
- An understanding of web services, DNS and high-level networking topology
- An understanding of Amazon Web Services platform and best practices
- Coordination with the Operations team in a 24x7 production environment
- Following best practices with current security tools and system hardening
What You Bring
- IT or Systems Administration experience in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- A strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP stack, switching/routing concepts)
- Willing to work on an on-call 24x7 support rotation as part of the team
- Strong technological focus and willingness to learn
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, GoCanvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the GoCanvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business.
We’re very proud to have been honored as The Washington Business Journal “Best Place To Work” in 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 “Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture”. In 2017, we were recognized by Deloitte as one of their “Fast 500 Technology Companies” and “Best in Biz” as the Fastest Growing Company of the Year. This year our amazing journey continues as one of the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies” and The Muse “20 Companies Who Are Champions for Diversity”! We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 14 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
Must not require a work permit.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Meet Some of GoCanvas's Employees
Senior Mobile App Consultant
Stephen focuses on connecting GoCanvas’ product with businesses in the construction industry, showing them how technology can make their operations more efficient, compliant, and secure. Since filming, Stephen has been promoted to Director of Sales.
Mobile App Consultant
Jordan is responsible for qualifying leads. She reaches out to businesses, learns about their processes, and explains the GoCanvas product to see if it’s a good fit—then sets up sales demonstrations with potential clients. Since filming, Jordan has been promoted to Account Manager.
Back to top