Senior Director, Global Sales
- Reston, VA
Excellence. Coaching. Closer. Predicting scalable results. Proven double-digit growth.
If these are hallmarks of your career, then GoCanvas wants you as our next Sales Leader. GoCanvas is looking for a Sales Leader with a proven track record of success in a dynamic fast-growth SaaS organization and who can provide the vision and creative solutions in leading our global team. We want an impactful and inspired leader who wants to help us continue our organic revenue as more businesses transition from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using GoCanvas’s powerful web and mobile applications.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, your mission will be to help define and execute the sales strategy, ensuring revenue growth and to develop a winning team. You will manage the North America, EMEA and APAC sales team to deliver on individual and team revenue generation targets, while also recruiting, retaining and managing an established sales team through the development of a high-performance culture and client-driven philosophy.
This will be a win/win if you have demonstrated experience in 5 hallmark traits:
- Excellence: Set the standards for excellence for their teams, communicate standards and then hold people accountable to achieving.
- Coach: Inspire their teams, their extended team and everyone they interact with to do just a little bit more than they thought possible; Constantly looking for ways to build up the team while tweaking it for maximum performance.
- Closer: Optimize internal processes to never lose selling time and overcome Client objections/roadblocks to close deals.
- Predictor: Ability to predict funnel performance 1 to 2 quarters out, while still being present in the moment of current revenue goals.
- Proven: Proven track record (1) within a hyper-growth, SaaS B2B company growing >40% YoY, (2) >$50M ARR, and (3) with Rep quota attainment at 100%.
The teams you lead here at GoCanvas will directly impact the growth of our overall organization. You will be masterful in client engagement and impact how our Clients do business in an ever-changing environment. You will coach your team to develop in their careers, and inspire your team to do the best work of their life.
We look for A players who believe in our mission, share our values and aren’t afraid to join us on this game-changing ride. You will bring a passion to both inform our strategic thinking and tactically raise our marketing effectiveness and impact. Using your B2B SaaS background and skills, you will join us on a journey to stretch the sales team contribution and impact beyond traditional boundaries, setting new thresholds for best-in-class performance.
- Extensive experience, a consistent and proven record of success selling enterprise technology SaaS solutions to B2B, along with business, operations and technology stakeholders/personas.
- 8+ years of sales leadership experience managing 1st line sales leaders and/or a team of quota carrying account executives and business development representatives
- Exceptional executive presence and you are comfortable engaging at all levels of our Clients organization
- Understand at a detailed and tactical level the conversion rates at each stage of the funnel and identify the levers that increase conversion rates.
- Ability to assess acquisition and opportunity channels and help inform the mix of effort and investment across channels to maximize growth.
- Knowledge of SaaS B2B technologies and their buying cycles.
- Must demonstrate strength in analytics and trial-based change approach.
- Must demonstrate experience with both direct and self-service/ecommerce strategies.
- Work closely with marketing, client engagement, product/engineering to ensure our YoY growth goals.
- Manage a P&L and to a favourable GMPP target.
- Represent the company and leadership team; clearly communicate priorities and expectations to your team.
- Encourage the professional development of each member of your team, celebrate victories and acknowledge good work. Provide social opportunities for the team, with each other, their peers in other groups, and the sales teams they serve.
- Put the work of operations and analytics into the context of the wider business and establish a direct link from the performance of the team to the performance of the business.
- Encourage team members to be accountable to one another and establish high standards of contribution and performance across the board.
- Has the EQ/IQ to be resourceful, empathetic and impactful
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth, our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, we were also featured as a winner in the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least by The Muse, in the article “26 Companies That Celebrate Diversity”!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company’s overall growth.
We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top