Sales Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you'll be helping businesses join the mobile-first world by moving from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using GoCanvas’ powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Your mission is to contact new sales prospects who you prospected or signed up for a free trial and qualify them for the next step in the sales process. You will earn bonuses for making calls and scheduling demos.
This entry level position is ideal for someone with extraordinary drive and customer focus who’s looking to join one of the DC area’s fastest growing tech companies with an award-winning culture. It also serves as the gateway to your career here at GoCanvas. Our BDRs have become sales consultants, project managers, and marketing specialists, often in about a year. You’ll receive plenty of in-person training to become familiar with our culture, mobile app platform, and powerful product features.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Make calls to prospects who have signed up for a free trial or that you prospected
- Discuss the new sales prospects’ needs and qualify them for the next step in the sales process
- Set up phone appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants or Enterprise Sales representatives to demo our platform to new sales prospects
What Your Success Looks Like
- Making calls to sales prospects
- Converting a high percentage of those qualified leads into booked appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants
- Active contribution to the inside sales team achieving its sales goals
- Being promoted within one year - or less!
- Being a good corporate citizen by participating in our award-winning Ante Up program
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a cloud-based, mobile platform revolutionizing how work gets done. We help businesses join the mobile-first world, where digitalization is everything, by enabling expensive and inefficient paper forms and processes to be replaced with powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Trusted by thousands of well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull throughout more than 70 countries means there's a good chance you’ve been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
We’ve been recognized in the 2016 CTIA Emerging Technology awards and our CEO won the Information Week Elite 100 IT Hero Award. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal 2016 Best Places To Work and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering our award-winning culture for people who like to make an impact, enjoy collaborating and who are passionate about the triple bottom line – helping people, the company and the planet!
GoCanvas’ Award Winning Culture
We believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and that hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. That’s why we take our company values so seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work. GoCanvas has developed a well-defined model and methodology for developing sales talent.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 14 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location offering dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts and an ice skating rink, all within walking distance of the office
- Free Parking and a Metro stop coming soon
- Fun Monthly Events
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401 K Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Back to top