Junior Solutions Engineer - Analytics
Junior Solutions Engineer - Analytics
As more businesses transition from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using our powerful mobile/web applications, GoCanvas is searching for an enthusiastic, organized, and driven Junior Solutions Engineer to join our growing team. As a member of the Solutions Engineering team, you will have a significant impact on our success by increasing revenue as a result of working closely with customer-facing teams to develop and deliver robust mobile and field service solutions that transform our customers’ business operations by digitizing their manual processes.
This is an ideal position for someone with 1 - 3 years of related experience in a data analyst or professional services team. This position also serves as a gateway to your career here at GoCanvas. We’re looking for “A-Players” who are passionate about the triple bottom line to join us on this game-changing ride!
Most Important Initiatives:
• Deliver technical solutions by delivering analytics and integration engagements leveraging internal BI and SE tools and advanced product feature sets.
• Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation and daily use; troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis in order to identify and provide timely solutions when possible, to meet customers’ business needs.
• Articulate complex technical topics clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences staying ahead of communication and managing expectations properly in order to avoid escalations.
• Actively consult with clients regarding solutions that would help them optimize revenue opportunities; communicating with engineering and product management with respect to ever-evolving customer requirements in the marketplace.
What You Bring:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Math and/or Information Technology
• Experience with SQL Server (Construct complex and efficient SQL queries, data models, functions and stored procedures)
• Experience with Cloud-Based BI tools (Sisense, Mode, Looker)
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with big data platforms and large volumes of data (Snowflake, MongoDB)
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, GoCanvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the GoCanvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business.
We’re very proud to have been honored as The Washington Business Journal “Best Place To Work” in 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 “Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture”. In 2017, we were recognized by Deloitte as one of their “Fast 500 Technology Companies” and “Best in Biz” as the Fastest Growing Company of the Year. This year our amazing journey continues as one of the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies” and The Muse “20 Companies Who Are Champions for Diversity”! We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 14 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Back to top