Digital Marketing Director
Digital Marketing Director
GoCanvas is revolutionizing how work gets done by modernizing small businesses through powerful cloud-based customizable apps and mobile experiences. We are seeking a Digital Marketing Director to help continue and accelerate our top of funnel growth.
As Digital Marketing Director and a key member of our marketing team, you will be responsible for conceiving, building, executing and evaluating programs that generate demand for our platform. You will relentlessly pursue growth of our key metrics and implement content and campaigns that drive home our key value propositions and involve paid and organic channels. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and works closely with our design, analytics, sales and product teams.
You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, systems, mobile app platform and strategy. You’ll gain tremendous experience in scaling a rapidly-growing SaaS company. We’re looking for A players who believe in our mission, share our values and aren’t afraid to join us on this game-changing ride!
For at least six years, you will have been part of a successful marketing team that has sold cloud services to the business sector. You will have a proven track record of marketing B2B SaaS solutions to small and medium-sized businesses and a verifiable background in building effective campaigns, measuring their success and rapidly adapting to improve key metrics. You will be able to demonstrate integrity in all business dealings, extensive experience of leading-edge technology platforms, possess excellent communications skills and collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
Your most important initiatives
- Relentlessly optimize for key metrics by coordinating with internal teams and external agencies on A-B testing new landing page designs, ad creative and offers
- Work with key stakeholders to improve and refine GoCanvas multi-touch attribution models
- Create and implement process to regularly collect users’ NPS scores
- Create copy and provide art direction for new creative and tests
- Build business plan to support further investment in media and channels such as video and social media
- Develop and own program to 1) identify customer evangelists 2) nurture and build relationships with them 3) leverage their enthusiasm to drive conversions and revenue
- Create quarterly surveys for subscribers and the general public to help identify evangelists, solicit product feedback, and extract insights for creating content that builds awareness
- Create and execute detailed content and campaign strategies to help drive awareness and new users
- Develop and gain buy-in for content marketing campaigns that include paid and organic (owned + earned) channels
- Drive digital strategy and plans to scale our annual user conference, Transform, as well as other potential events, tradeshows and webinars
- Undertake A/B testing on campaigns to maximize results, segmenting audiences and optimizing campaigns to increase effectiveness
- Assist in supporting international marketing efforts where needed
- 6+ years in B2B-focused digital marketing, 2+ years in SaaS
- Deep experience in content, SEO, SEM, email marketing, video and online channels
- Expert in content marketing and production
- Demonstrated proof in conversion rate optimization and a-b testing
- Strong experience in video marketing and social
- Experience working with a high-performing, data-driven marketing team
- Strong project management skills and ability to focus on key priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to give direction to designers but also do basic design and editing when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or better from a top university
A typical week might look like:
- Help concept and launch 2 landing pages designed to improve conversion from paid search campaigns
- Determine what offer to test this week for helping drive upgrades from freemium users
- Check Optimizely and report results on A-B test of our homepage
- Look at last month’s results in Looker and Google Analytics and determine where additional focus/investment should be made this month
- Compile monthly newsletter in Pardot for paying subscribers and come up with 2 subject lines to be a-b tested
- Create promotional emails for Transform, our user conference
- Meet with 2 vendors on potential direct mail campaign to determine next steps
- Sit on weekly call with our PR agency and share latest results of subscriber survey to use in pitches/outreach
- Strong interest in digital marketing and up to date with latest trends, platforms and best practices
- Results-driven and goal-oriented
- Enjoy experimenting with with social media such as Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook Watch and Youtube
- Strong-analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand and be empathetic to a variety of prospects and users
- Enjoy collaboration with multiple stakeholders and teams to optimize the impact of key programs
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, GoCanvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the GoCanvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business.
We’re very proud to have been honored as The Washington Business Journal “Best Place To Work” in 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 “Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture”. In 2017, we were recognized by Deloitte as one of their “Fast 500 Technology Companies” and “Best in Biz” as the Fastest Growing Company of the Year. This year our amazing journey continues as one of the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies” and The Muse “20 Companies Who Are Champions for Diversity”! We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 14 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Back to top