Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you'll be helping businesses join the mobile-first world by moving from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using GoCanvas’ powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Your mission is to contact new sales prospects who you prospected or signed up for a free trial and qualify them for the next step in the sales process. You will earn bonuses for making calls and scheduling demos.
This entry level position is ideal for someone with extraordinary drive and customer focus who’s looking to join one of the DC area’s fastest growing tech companies with an award-winning culture. It also serves as the gateway to your career here at GoCanvas. Our BDRs have become sales consultants, project managers, and marketing specialists, often in about a year. You’ll receive plenty of in-person training to become familiar with our culture, mobile app platform, and powerful product features.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Make calls to prospects who have signed up for a free trial or that you prospected
- Discuss the new sales prospects’ needs and qualify them for the next step in the sales process
- Set up phone appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants or Enterprise Sales representatives to demo our platform to new sales prospects
What Your Success Looks Like
- Making calls to sales prospects
- Converting a high percentage of those qualified leads into booked appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants
- Active contribution to the inside sales team achieving its sales goals
- Being promoted within one year - or less!
- Being a good corporate citizen by participating in our award-winning Ante Up program
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth, our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, we were also featured as a winner in the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least by The Muse, in the article “26 Companies That Celebrate Diversity”!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company’s overall growth.
We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites
Back to top