As an Account Executive at GoCanvas, you will be a key member of the revenue team, responsible for rapidly converting a rich pipeline of prospects into high value customer accounts. Your proven track record of inside sales for B2B SaaS solutions to small and medium sized businesses, combined with an award winning product in a vast addressable market, set the stage for your success and the large financial rewards. Supported by a very effective lead generation program and sales support team, you will rapidly determine the ‘why’ of pre-qualified customers and how the GoCanvas platform empowers their workforce to be more efficient, impactful and productive.
For at least 2 years, you will have ideally been part of an inside sales or field team successfully selling business software to both company leadership and IT management. You will be able to demonstrate integrity in all business dealings, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decision makers who will commit to orders worth thousands of dollars. If you have been a particularly impactful ‘hunter’ in a vertical sales environment, you’ll stand out from other candidates, especially if you were successful in any of the following sectors: field services, professional services, construction, energy, logistics/transportation or manufacturing.
We’re looking for someone who will covet the adrenaline of a venture-backed start-up entering its 5th year of hyper revenue growth, has a laser focus on meeting monthly goals, a verifiable record of exceeding six figure targets year-after-year and eagerly accepts the challenge of a $400k+ annual quota with GoCanvas.
Your Most Important Initiatives:
- Rapidly build empathy with prospects, using your exceptional sales presentation skills to present compelling rationale to purchase GoCanvas on a large scale
- Fully comprehend the sales cycle and monetization of the Consumerization of IT, engaging with decision makers and building a persuasive ROI to purchase GoCanvas
- Build strong presence in key vertical markets, speaking with an authentic voice that develops and maintains a network of industry contacts and a rich pipeline of prospects
- Develop a deep appreciation of how Professional Services can contribute to tailor solutions to customer needs, accelerate sales cycles and increase value potential of new accounts
- Sell through problem-solving to deliver business improvement to prospective buyers, managing multiple opportunities, and selling and expanding renewable service agreements
- Favorably position GoCanvas by demonstrating technical knowledge and business expertise with the customer to match our solutions to their operational needs
- Differentiate GoCanvas from competitors using creativity and ingenuity
What Success Looks Like:
- Growing key vertical revenue by 100% year on year
- Adding 10+ new accounts each month
- Meeting or exceeding $400,000 annual quota
What You Bring
- A genuine passion for helping businesses join the mobile-first world
- The self-discipline to religiously utilize Salesforce.com and other business software to effectively plan and document the engagement progress in active accounts.
- Ability to effectively write and present proposals, negotiate value, address resistance and close the sale.
- Previous experience in a start-up is a plus and better yet in a SaaS and/or mobile software company is a huge plus
- Highly effective communication skills
- Technical aptitude to develop a comprehensive understanding of our mobile app platform
- Energized and excited to work within a fast growing start-up in an explosive industry
- The desire to go above and beyond and bite off more than you can chew
- Someone who is great to work with every day
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth, our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, we were also featured as a winner in the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least by The Muse, in the article “26 Companies That Celebrate Diversity”!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company’s overall growth.
We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Back to top