VP, Global Communications
Glossier is looking for a Vice President of Global Communications, reporting to the Founder & CEO, to oversee product, business, internal communications and wider public relations on a global scale; defining the next iteration of e-commerce and Glossier’s role in it. We’re looking for someone with a roll-up-your sleeves mentality, who is both strategic and execution-oriented, to oversee multiple brands globally and define the space that Glossier exists in in the future. This hire will be the point-person for all decisions from a communications perspective, both as an enabler of growth strategies, and a realist on trade-offs while still pushing the team to think on a larger scale.
- Develop and implement a strategy that positions Glossier products as conduits for the brand, and our customers as co-creators of the company
- Partner closely with the Vice President of People to facilitate internal communications like company-wide meetings & internal announcements
- Develop initiatives that will reinforce messaging about Glossier’s commitment to equality in tech
- Develop programming that will help to position us as both an industry leader and revolutionaries in our own category
- Develop a strategy for corporate social responsibility from the ground up that both aligns with our vision and lays the framework for larger partnerships
- Foster relationships externally with members of the media at all levels, from micro-influencers to editors-in-chiefs, leaving a lasting positive impression on those we work with
- Evaluate talent and build a tier-one communications team at all levels and develop staffing plans to support the business demands. Serve as a coach and mentor to employees, giving them career-broadening opportunities
- Streamline existing processes for work/develop new initiatives that both encourage change and efficiency, while providing structure and stability for the communications team
- Define quarterly goals for the communications team that help to advance overreaching company goals, ensuring clarity and delegation among team members
- 15+ years working in strategic communications outside of the beauty industry
- Background in political or executive communications
- Adaptability to constant change and rapid growth, comfortable with uncertainty, and often described as scrappy/inventive
- Level of curiosity that will develop a deep understanding of both company and product, and the people who are helping build it
- A commitment to programming that fosters diversity in all facets, and a commitment to reshaping what it means to work at a female-led company
- A strong track record of running teams & organizations of our size at scale, and an aptitude to be a key partner in a high-level team of creative/strategic thinkers
- A preference for an open, collaborative and highly charged environment
- The highest professional and ethical standards
- Experience managing investor relations, and developing strategy for corporate social responsibility
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top