We are looking for driven, organized and industry-experienced Staff Accountant who are inspired by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to be a founding member of Glossier’s Finance & Accounting function. We are building out this function to manage the day-to-day responsibilities, build a strong foundation, drive process improvement, and support Glossier’s growth. These roles are designed for an individual who is interested in being involved in all aspects of finance and accounting and wants to feel part of the business.
The Staff Accountant roles are primarily responsible for preparing the month close process, will be focused on the analysis and reporting of expenses and inventory items, and will be the Senior Accountant’s right hands when it comes to supporting various initiatives. This role is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of Glossier's financial reporting.
- Support month-end close process and financial statement preparation, including variance analyses
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain all relevant supporting schedules in “audit ready” fashion
- Lead in the administration of the Company’s expense management platform, Concur and corporate credit card program
- Work closely with Supply Chain to manage inventory master data and inventory reporting
- Support Accounts Payable function with reconciliations of vendor accounts, guidance on invoice coding, and other day-to-day support
- Develop processes and workflows to improve existing process and support growth
- Assist in Glossier’s external financial audit with timely and accurate PBC requests and supporting schedules
- Manage adhoc projects as assigned by the SVP of Finance or Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Masters degree in Accounting or Finance, a plus
- CPA, a plus
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Experience with an eCommerce, beauty or startup company, a plus
- Experience with Concur, Bill.com, Quickbooks, and Netsuite, a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to multitask effectively
- Team player capable of working cross-functionally
- Willingness to extend yourself and assist other team members
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Back to top