Our technology stack
- Ruby on Rails for the backend
- GraphQL for our API
- React, Redux, Webpack, and Apollo on the frontend
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres, Redis, and Redshift
- Swift for our point-of-sale application
In this role, during your first month you’ll:
- Connect with an onboarding buddy, who’ll help you settle in by introducing you to team members throughout Glossier.
- Learn about Glossier’s engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Work within a product team to ship a well-tested feature or enhancement to production. We love using feature flags to control how changes are rolled out.
During your first three months you’ll:
- Deploy frequent improvements, and maybe break something! We have a blameless post-mortem process so that when things go wrong, we can make our systems and processes more resilient.
- Set personal development goals with your manager, using our publicly available Engineering ladder as a guide. We have tracks for Individual Contributors and Managers, so you can grow in your career no matter where your interests lie.
During your first year you’ll:
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity.
- Contribute an RFC (Request for Comments) proposal that improves our team's culture, processes, or architecture.
- Give a tech talk. We hold internal talks every two weeks – it’s an opportunity for team members to show their work and present on topics relating to our practice.
- Write a blog post on Into The Tech, our Technology team’s blog.
- Help grow the engineers around you, including those in our apprenticeship program.
- Have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful. :)
- Are motivated by working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and iterative environment.
About your application and the interview process
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim J.Community Manager
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top