HR Business Partner
Glossier is looking for an HR business partner to support our dynamic and rapidly growing Retail and Customer Experience teams globally. This will be the first role of its kind at Glossier, and we’re looking for someone that is excited by the opportunity to design scalable programs from the ground up and build and grow a world class team. The HRBP will work closely with our Retail and Customer Experience teams to design and execute a people strategy that supports Glossier’s customer-first approach to beauty and business expansion. This includes creating hiring strategies and tactics, developing retail HR processes and policies, and supporting leaders as they build and manage their teams.
- Deliver a spectrum of strategic and tactical HR support and programs which are aligned with Glossier’s business initiatives
- Partner with business leaders to develop and execute against client group’s people strategy
- Adapt and implement people programs and processes including annual resource planning, organizational design, talent development, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and change management efforts
- Lead and manage employee relations cases, ensuring managers are offered practical advice and guidance in-line with current legislation
- Build and manage processes and solutions for client group’s specific operational needs including policies, reporting, time tracking and record keeping
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and legal requirements, as necessary
Skills & Characteristics
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment; flexible in response to changing employee needs; maintains professionalism and composure under pressure
- Aptitude to work autonomously with ability to manage complexity, prioritize and decide in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow through
- Team player with ability to work with client groups and other People team members
- Confident & creative approach to HR and thrives on the challenge of providing pragmatic HR advice, guidance, conflict management and coaching to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in building long term, productive relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the organization
- Quickly builds credibility with colleagues. Ability to balance working assertively and compassionately. Has ability to influence, is unafraid to challenge and able to do so appropriately.
Honest, professional, principled, responsible, empathetic, willing to take accountability for all people matters within your client group
- Solution-seeker that displays outstanding judgment, critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong written and oral Communication skills with ability to present information, influence decisions; negotiate, and coach
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of employment law and HR practices.
- Strong technical Employment Relations grounding, which may encompass experience of the following areas: disciplinary action around capability and conduct, grievances, appeals, absence and performance management
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years progressive experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3 years in HRBP or field leadership role with non-exempt populations
- Robust employee relations experience
- Start-up experience
- Experience in retail
- Experience in supporting remote and/or international teams
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life
Back to top