Our technology stack
- Ruby on Rails for the backend
- GraphQL for our API
- React, Redux, Webpack, and Apollo on the frontend
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres, Redis, and Redshift
- Swift for our point-of-sale application
In this role, during your first month you’ll:
- Connect with an onboarding buddy, who’ll help you settle in by introducing you to team members throughout Glossier.
- Learn about Glossier’s engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Get to know the engineers on your team by facilitating handoffs with their previous manager.
During your first three months you’ll:
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers on the team to define and deliver on the product roadmap.
- Deploy improvements to production, and maybe break something! As an Engineering Manager you typically won’t be on the critical path of development, but you’ll still contribute to our codebase.
- Look for opportunities to improve the experience of working at Glossier. We're always interested in trying techniques that build communication and trust in the team.
- Set personal development goals, both for you and your reports. Our Engineering Ladder is publicly available, and is a useful tool to help support the growth of our team.
During your first year you’ll:
- Be a part of incredible product launches that change the way people talk about beauty online.
- Grow the engineers around you by giving them clear and actionable feedback.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
- Build the team by finding amazing engineers and improving our interview experience.
- Give regular presentations that level up the team; we hold internal talks for the Technology team every two weeks.
- Contribute to Glossier's presence in the technology community through speaking engagements, industry meet-ups, or writing articles for our Into The Tech blog.
- Have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful. :)
- Are motivated by working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and iterative environment.
About your application and the interview process
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim J.Community Manager
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top