Director of Data Products
Our data stack
- Luigi for ETLs
- GraphQL for our APIs
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres, Redis, and Redshift
In this role, during your first month you’ll:
- Connect with an onboarding buddy, who’ll help you settle in by introducing you to team members throughout Glossier.
- Learn about and help expand upon Glossier’s data and research philosophy. Define what it means to be a Data Scientist and Data Engineer at Glossier.
- Make a contribution to the Data Warehouse while learning about our data pipeline, data infrastructure, and existing models.
- Get to know the engineers, data scientists, and managers who’ll be reporting to you by facilitating handoffs with their previous manager.
During your first three months you’ll:
- Partner with stakeholders to identify the most critical business needs.
- Develop a nascent research agenda from which you’ll form a roadmap of data products that will support the business to better manage their use of data in informing strategy.
- Design a machine learning model to influence decision making within the business, better enabling teams to achieve their strategic priorities.
- Look for opportunities to improve the experience of working at Glossier. We're always interested in trying techniques that build communication and trust in the team.
- Set personal development goals, both for you and your reports.
During your first year you’ll:
- Be a part of incredible product launches that change the way people talk about beauty online.
- Give clear and actionable feedback to leaders at Glossier, and train them on how to do the same for their reports.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
- Build the team by finding amazing data scientists and improving our interview experience.
- Advocate and evangelize for the use of data to make strategic decisions, but balance enthusiasm with a nod to inclusion and a creative standards.
- Contribute to Glossier's presence in the technology community through speaking engagements, industry meet-ups, or writing articles for our Into The Tech blog.
- Have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful. :)
- Have experience with managers reporting into you, or you’re ready to take the step up.
- Take initiative and are motivated by working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and iterative environment.
- Are inspired by the Glossier brand.
About your application and the interview process
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top