Associate Manager, Packaging Development
Glossier’s Associate Manager of Packaging will lead development of our stellar packaging components in support of our company’s growing product portfolio, on-going innovation and attention to quality. She/he will work closely with the Product Development, Creative Design, Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure we’re bringing the best customer experiences to life. She/he must be willing to take risks and identify new and innovative packaging solutions to delight our customers.
- Drive new packaging development by delivering on creative design vision and presenting new concepts, technologies and delivery systems back to design
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, product quality and design integrity, are on time and within agreed upon cost objectives
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency
- Cross-functionally manage projects across multiple internal and external teams, ensuring collaborative and optimized solutions
- Support Global Supply Chain Managers with timelines, true cost estimates and risk mitigation plans
- Advance vendor base for both packaging components and finished good production processes with new vendor qualifications
- Maintain pulse of industry trends, new technologies and new product packaging
- BS in Packaging Engineering or related field
- 1-3+ years of experience in global packaging development
- Detailed knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging types.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem.
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing and molding processes (i.e. injection molding, extrusion, glass forming, folding cartons, component assembly, decorating techniques, etc.)
- Ability to predict, recognize and define problems, and generate, select and implement timely solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Proficiency using 2D and/or 3D design software (Artios CAD/Solidworks)
- Proficiency using palletization software (TOPS/CAPE)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growth, collaborative start-up environment
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top