We are looking for a driven, organized and experienced Accounting Manager who is inspired by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to be a founding member of Glossier’s Finance & Accounting function. We are building out this function to manage the day-to-day responsibilities, build a strong foundation, drive process improvement, and support Glossier’s growth. This role is designed for an individual who is interested in being involved in all aspects of finance and accounting and wants to feel part of the business.
The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for managing the month close process, will be focused on revenue recognition and reporting, and will be the Controller’s right hand when it comes to supporting various initiatives. This role is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of Glossier's financial reporting.
- Lead month-end close process and financial statement review, including variance analyses
- Review all net revenue and cost of goods sold accounts, including all revenue, contra-revenue, cost of goods sold and sales tax entries
- Review reconciliation of revenue to cash receipts, to merchant receivables, and deferred revenue
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain all relevant supporting schedules in audit-ready fashion
- Supervise the Accounts Payable process, assisting with review and execution of weekly payment runs
- Manage direct reports to ensure proper staffing and department efficiencies, including training, development, coaching, counseling and performance reviews
- Works with direct reports to set clear goals, objectives and set priorities
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure all net revenue components are properly classified, recognized and recorded
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Logistics teams to ensure all inventory movements are properly classified, recognized and recorded
- Partner with the FP&A team in providing timely and relevant reports to business team owners
- Work with external ERP implementation team and internal cross-functional teams to implement Netsuite
- Liaise with the external auditors, overseeing the year-end financial statement audit
- Assist in the administration of the Company’s payroll, 401(K) plan and expense management platform
- Manage domestic and international sales and corporate tax initiatives
- Develop processes and workflows to improve existing process and support growth
- Provide recommendations with any required technical accounting research
- Manage ad hoc projects as assigned by the VP of Finance or Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of accounting experience in public accounting and industry
- Experience leading a monthly close process
- Experience in managing a team
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Strong understanding of financial controls
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with an ability to multi-task effectively
- Team player capable of working cross-functionally
- Willingness to extend yourself and assist other team members
- Public accounting experience
- Industry experience with an eCommerce, beauty or start-up company
- Experience with Looker, Quickbooks, and Netsuite
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Meet Some of Glossier's Employees
Kim manages community programming—from events and the representative program to community engagement. She regularly collaborates with the Product and Creative Teams to plan new initiatives that serve the Glossier community.
Back to top