- DeSoto, TX
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
- Accomplishes warehouse objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data
- Secures warehouse by locking all exit doors, turning alarms on; testing systems and securing outside entrance door
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Communicating with staff to motivate and enable them to reach their ultimate level of success
- Provide available tools and resources to perform their duties in an efficient and safe manner
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Competencies and skills
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area desired
- Supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem resolution and reasoning abilities
- Ability to report and analyze information
- Experienced in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Warehouse, Warehouse Manager, Manufacturing
Back to top