Manager, DC Operations
- Savannah, GA
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
- Leading and managing the fulfillment and distribution activities in a high volume, high turn, and multishift environment while collaborating and partnering with Global many stakeholders.
- Managing distribution center operations while maintaining a union free environment; ensuring and maintaining direct, productive, and positive relationships between and among management and nonexempt associates
- Implementing continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost of operations and improve service level, capacity, productivity and quality.
- Managing the inbound and outbound movement of product into and out of the distribution center.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g; store operations, merchandising, planning); establishing and maintaining effective relationships with vendor community.
- Creating and implementing continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost of operations and improve service level, capacity, productivity and quality.
- Participates in annual Budget preparation and has full PandL responsibility for the distribution center network.
- Responsible for the hiring, development, and retention of distribution center staff to include the highest quality individuals to support continuous improvement, succession planning and future growth of the business.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve quality, service, cost, and safety.
- Ensure all safety, regulatory, and compliance measures are met within company and global guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and monitor KPI targets and goals.
Competencies and skills
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in distribution and fulfillment leadership with at least 3 years in the top position within a distribution center.
- Strong background in supply chain systems (i.e. WMS, Inventory Planning, ERP, etc.)
- Experienced in project management and demonstrated success in process improvement.
- A proven track record of building and developing strong supply chain organization and aligning internal resources with external customer expectations.
- Must possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problemsolving skills.
- Must possess strong leadership and employee relations skills with a focus on engagement.
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust and loyalty with others.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Warehouse, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Operations, Manufacturing
Back to top