Import Product Development Lead
- Manhasset, NY
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we've grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
The keys to our continued success include the collaborative spirit we cultivate in our associates, our customers, and our vendor partners. Our esteemed customer base includes members of the Fortune 500, small-to-medium size business, and direct to consumer. Conducting business across a wide spectrum of industry verticals, we supply our customers with the industrial equipment and supplies they need to run their business effectively, efficiently, and safely.
Our culture starts with our leadership team. United, they uphold a commitment to transparency and clear communication, creating loyalty and a high level of engagement amongst associates. By joining Global Industrial, a Systemax Company, you are a part of a dynamic organization that rewards high performance as well as an environment of continuous learning with upward mobility through training and development, stretch assignments, and internal mobility.
At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. We are active listeners - to our employees and to our customers - so that our actions result in a truly delightful associate and customer experience alike. By celebrating our differences and rewarding innovation at all levels of the business, we nurture a culture of belonging and unity to drive change.
- Import/Product Development Engineer reports to VP of Research and Procurement.
- Work on product development projects from concept through production with emphasis on off shore manufacturing and sourcing.
- Create Global Equipment new industrial / material handling / storage and office products
- Handle daily communication with our staff in Shanghai.
- Create product specifications, standards, safety warnings, assembly instructions and product manuals.
- Work closely with the VP of Research and Procurement to:
- Determine Cost.
- Implement and Execute product development process from conception to production to importation.
Competencies and skills
- BS in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical.
- BS or BA in Industrial Design will be considered.
- 3 to 5 years of designing experience in a manufacturing environment industrial or mass consumer products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes:
- Metals stamping, welding, wire forming, extrusions, roll forming and foundry,
- Plastics; injection molding, roto molding, thermoforming.
- Familiarity with offshore sourcing and factory liaison is a plus.
- Willingness and ability for domestic and International travel required.
- Knowledge of OSHA Rules, National Electric Code, NEMA, NSF, UL, California Standards.
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Electrical, Engineer, Welding, Procurement, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing
Back to top