Program Team Fellowship
GlobalGiving is seeking applicants to our Fellows Program to help further our mission and ambitious growth plans. Fellows will have a unique opportunity to learn how a thriving, international NGO operates through practical, hands-on experience with the nuts and bolts of our operations and ample opportunities to explore the broader field of development.
The program is a highly selective, full-time service year that will challenge and inspire you, and will require hard work and dedication. You will have the opportunity to explore various areas that interest you, so you can capitalize on your experience. You'll be a vital contributor to our team-not getting coffee or filing papers all day long.
In return, we offer a $31,500 salary, health and dental insurance, professional development funding, tons of learning opportunities, ample delicious goodies in our Free Food Spot, and an amazing experience!
Here's a little taste of the kinds of experiences you might have as a GlobalGiving Fellow:
- Skill-building workshops to improve your understanding of international development, technology startups, social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, disaster response, and crowdfunding.
- In-depth research and analysis projects around a particular issue area.
- Training on experimentation, workflow, and querying tools such as Salesforce, Optimizely, MySQL, Metabase, and Zendesk.
- Career preparation and professional development, including mock interviews and resume review. Previous fellows have used their professional development funds to take coding classes and even learn French!
GlobalGiving's mission is to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. We believe that good ideas come from anyone, at any time, or from anywhere, and we're committed to supporting the people who have the best ideas about how to change their own communities.
As the world's first global crowdfunding platform, in 2002 we set in motion a virtuous cycle of good. We work with nonprofits, individual donors and companies to enhance the effectiveness of locally driven organizations in hundreds of communities. To date, we have supported more than 22,000 projects with $377 million of funding from 875,00 donors across 170 countries around the world-and we're still growing!
Fellowship Focus Areas
While the 2019-2020 cohort is filling up fast, we have fellowship opportunities still open on these teams: Vetting and Grants, Program and Disaster Recovery Network. You are welcome to apply to multiple fellowships, but please ensure that your application highlights why you would be excellent in that specific role.
Our Program team works directly with our nonprofit partners all over the world, helping them tell their unique stories through our innovative platform and strengthening their capacity to fundraise, communicate, and deliver social impact.
Each Program fellow plays a role in providing a WOW-worthy user experience for everyone who interacts with GlobalGiving. From a U.S. donor trying to give to their favorite project, to a nonprofit partner in running a school in Thailand, to companies looking for a way to help their employees give back, this team supports everyone through excellent community support via phone, email, live chat, and in-person interactions.
In addition, each Program Fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Work with thousands of organizations to approve their earth-changing projects so they can start fundraising and create impact on the ground.
- Read and provide feedback to thousands of nonprofit partners on their projects reports, which update donors on their progress in the field.
- Optimize GlobalGiving's processes to scale as we grow to serve more organizations around the world.
- Experiment, experiment, experiment! Create, implement, and evaluate tests that will help us grow and determine best practices.
- Craft communications, including blog posts and newsletter content, to update our nonprofit partners on the latest news, success stories, etc.
- Assist organizations with fundraising support through matching campaigns and other GlobalGiving promotions, so they can continue to become crowdfunding rockstars!
Requirements Who We Are Looking For
While we offer four different areas of focus for our fellows, each requiring specific qualifications, our overall selection process for the program is rooted in our values-driven approach to work. We seek candidates who subscribe to our core values:
- Always Open : Believing that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time; approachable and humble, demonstrating sincere appreciation for others and their ideas.
- Never Settle : Questioning the status quo wisely, and challenging self to achieve high goals and expectations.
- Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat : Demonstrating curiosity about the world around us, and bringing that curiosity into GlobalGiving; experimenting fruitfully, utilizing both success and failure productively; leveraging data and feedback to make better decisions.
- Committed to WOW : Embodying a spirit of service with customers (internal and external), and delighting in opportunities to interact with them.
In addition, candidates must:
- Be in the game. You are passionate about international development and onboard with GlobalGiving's mission.
- Be an achiever. You can demonstrate standout achievement among your peers.
- Be adaptable. You perform well in changing environments, with a clear desire to do what it takes to improve and develop your skills.
- Be an effective collaborator. You proactively maintain relationships in ways that are mutually beneficial.
- Be able to execute. You set, track, and complete goals without the need for last-minute heroics. You anticipate possible delays and plan around them to maintain ownership and accountability for meeting objectives with high quality and timeliness.
The Fellows Program is a full-time work commitment that will begin June 3, 2019, and run through June 30, 2020.
Recent college graduates, career switchers, and anyone who has a passion for what we are doing is encouraged to apply!
A salary of $31,500, paid semi-monthly, will be offered over the course of the 13-month program. This is a nonexempt, 40 hour a week position. Our benefits package includes health and dental insurance, educational assistance,15 days of paid time off, professional development funds (up to $500 over the course of the program), access to our marketplace of discounts with companies, 401K matching and commuter benefits.
Apply for this job
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of GlobalGiving
GlobalGiving supports local changemakers around the world—connecting non-profits to individuals, companies, and their peers so they can improve their communities. GlobalGiving's mission—to catalyze a market for information, ideas, and money—has shaped grassroots philanthropy and international development. Founded in 2002, GlobalGiving has helped raise more than $170 million from 430,000+ donors to 2,000+ projects in 160+ countries—giving help and hope where they’re needed most.
Back to top